Ahoy All,

I have come across a line of pressure gauges that I can recommend.

The brand name is Wika and I get them from:
http://www.dfs-gauges.com/category/pressure-gauges/industrial-gauges.aspx
Their web site has problems, at least with my Firefox browser.  I ended up
writing down the stock numbers of the gauges I wanted and called in my
order.  I discussed the web site with the owner, Dale Foster, and he was
very interested in getting it fixed.

These are ss cases units from 2" on up, brass internal parts (316
available) in a wide variety of pressures and vacuums.

I use glycerin filled gauges on my boat because the glycerin protects the
internal parts from corrosion and reduces wear from vibration.  Since the
glycerin filled gauges must be liquid tight they are also immune to the
marine environment.

They are sold in two version, wet or dry.  The ones I have  came with the
glycerin already in them.  The ones I just ordered today are "liquid
fillable".  You can have someone else fill them for about $4, but being a
frugal New Englander I choose to fill them myself.

Since the cases of liquid filled gauges are sealed, variations in
atmospheric pressure or ambient temperature can cause the gauge to wander
from zero when there is actually zero pressure in the line it is measuring.
This is most noticeable in low pressure gauges, such as used in diesel fuel
systems.

All liquid filled gauges I have ever seen (up until discovering the Wika
brand) have a little rubber plug on top where the glycerin is installed.
You are supposed to poke a little hole in this plug after you install the
gauge, usually with a hot needle, compromising it's seal.  If your gauge is
not mounted upright you cannot do this because the juice will leak.  You
can also poke the rubber plug in from the side to let air in or out.  This
plug can get pushed into the gauge and lost inside.  I did this once and
had to replace the gauge.

Wika has come up with the brilliant idea of using a little valve on the top
of the gauge instead of the plug.  There is a little yellow handle that one
lifts to vent the gauge.  It cost pennies and instantly solves an long-time
vexing problem.

I give Wika gauges my best recommendation.

Norm
S/V Bandersnatch
Lying Julington Creek FL
N30 07.68 W081 38.47