I have always used #6 SO cord (good for 50 amps), three conductor with
black jacket, available at HD or Lowe's, for shore power cords.

I made my primary cord with crimped and soldered ring terminals on the ship
end and a range plug (also from HD/Lowe's) on the other.  I made a 60'
extension with a range plug on one end and a range receptacle on the other.
I made adapters of 18" of SO cord with a range receptacle on one end and
whatever connecter I needed on the other.  This ranged from 120VAC
household style on up.  This system has served me well for three decades.

I also made a short adapter with a range plug that I could plug into the
afore mentioned 18" adapters and providing four 120vac household
receptacles to provide 120vac without having to plug the boat into the dock.

This year in the state of Florida Bandersnatch is officially an Antique
Vessel.

Norm
S/V Bandersnatch