I have an old Heart 2000 inverter/charger with the Link 2000
controller.  I went to the boat a couple of weeks ago and the display
was frozen.  Nothing was working, so I disconnected the power to the
Link and when I reassembled the wiring it's like the minus sign is stuck
in the on position.  The batteries are reading -13.65 volts (for
instance) and when the charger is running the current draw is -20 and
when the charger is off and the refer is running with some lights the
draw is 6 amps or so.  So I removed the battery cables entirely for
about 5 minutes and reattached them.  No joy.

I then attempted to "set to factory defaults" which did nothing to
alleviate the problem.  The manual is no help.  And no I didn't reverse
any leads.  I removed the blue and purple leads (I think) and put them
back in the same place.  I have a terminal strip mounted near the
controller with the terminals marked with the correct colors.  At no
time did I remove a ground wire.  I do not leave the charger on when I'm
off the boat.  I have 190 watts of solar that keeps the batteries up.
The bilge pump is the only thing that draws current when I'm away from
the boat.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what might be going on? Does anyone
know where I might get one repaired if it comes to that?

Thanks,
Jim.