At Andros you check in at Morgans Bluff, used to be that you went to the tavern
there and called Customs, they drove over and picked you up.  The settlement is
several miles from the anchorage, to see the sights here requires bicycles, or
hitchhiking.  Hitchhiking is normal in Bahamas, you wave at drivers and they
give rides.   Only problem I have had is some drivers were drinking beer.
Funny story was that I had guests and they started waving at cars, I had to
explain that unless they wanted a ride, they had to wait to wave after the car
went by.
   West end is at the entrance to Abacos, on Grand Bahama, 51nm from Lake
Worth/West Palm Beach.    The marina entrance is very easy, the posted waypoint
is between the seawalls facing FL.  Old Bahama Bay Marina there did not charge
me to tie up for Customs, but you may want to overnight there.  You CAN anchor
out, but the holding is really bad, and the current is strong.  If you
overnight, there is a mandatory water charge.  This is an upscale resort, but
it was salty water, may have been a temporary problem.
   If entering by southern route, Bimini is probably easiest for Customs.
BImini is 42nm from Miami, it is important that you have latest chart, as the
harbor entrance was moved, AND, some of the bouys may be missing.  Anchor in
the harbor, dingy to one of the marinas and ask for Customs paperwork there.
Fill it out before going to Customs, which is within a few hundred feet.  There
is a guy on a bike asking if you need him to find you anything, like frozen
lobster, he seems to be OK.  There are a couple of small grocery stores and I
think restaurants.

Lee Haefele