On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 06:06:14PM -0400, Philip wrote:
> Yup, the subject line says  it all. I am working on a project and need the
> geared down12v unit  to make it work. If you have one of these in your spares
> locker and want to exchange it for some cash, drop me a line off list.

Oh... dear. I've been through that exact thing, with that exact motor.
Good luck with getting one.

Here's how far I got: the motor was made by Canon. Yes, they still have
it in stock. No, they will not sell it to you - because that entire run
of them was made by special order (the Autohelm folks) and those motors
only go to them. No, Canon doesn't care that the company is out of
business.

You can get motors in that exact size and shape for ~$20 from a hobby
shop - they're made for electric racing cars - but they spin *much*
faster and take a lot more current (i.e., the Autohelm driver
transistors will not be able to handle them.)

I ended up buying a new autopilot altogether.

Ben
--
                       OKOPNIK CONSULTING
        Custom Computing Solutions For Your Business