  From: Craig
  To: liveaboard@liveaboardonline.com
  Sent: Monday, October 08, 2012 8:54 PM
  Subject: [Liveaboard] amateur radio

  Hello all,

  I'm curious about using amateur radio underway.  I'm a relatively new amateur
radio licensee and just got involved with HF since March.  Do any of you use
amateur radio aboard?  How do you use it?  Do you use it to call home or just
to say hello to someone new?

  I know there is a net on 14.3 MHz but I haven't heard any vessels the times
I've listened.  Are there other nets I haven't yet found?  Does the boating
community stay in touch with each other using amateur radio?

  It's probably obvious I'm inexperienced, but I am curious.  Thanks in advance
to anyone sharing their thoughts.

  Craig Scott  AE6E
  S/V Savor Grace
  Searunner 37

  The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are
evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.  Albert Einstein

  _________________________________
  This email and any files transmitted with it may contain PRIVILEGED or
CONFIDENTIAL information and may be read or used only by the intended
recipient. If you are not the intended recipient of the email or any of its
attachments, please be advised that you have received this email in error and
that any use, dissemination, distribution, forwarding, printing, or copying of
this email or any attached files is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this email in error, please immediately purge it and all attachments and notify
the sender by reply email or contact the sender at the number listed above if
one is provided

  To search the archives
http://www.mail-archive.com/liveaboard@liveaboardnow.org

  The Mailman Users Guide can be found here
http://www.gnu.org/software/mailman/mailman-member/index.html