-------- Original Message --------
Subject:        [DoES Liverpool] Shrewsbury-based web conference
Date:   Mon, 29 Apr 2013 07:40:21 -0700 (PDT)
From:   Zach Beauvais <z.beauv...@gmail.com>
To:     does-liverp...@googlegroups.com

Hello All,

I've met a few of you at various events (including the Ignite Talk, and Social Media Surgery where I talked about meaning behind metrics in social media).

I recently joined ScraperWiki as Community Manager, and have done very little proper making of things with wires in the past, but am pretty excited to try. I've done bits and bobs of woodworking, am OK <http://flickr.com/beauvais> with a camera, and write. I also seem to be OK at making groups of people, or at least, giving them names.

About 5 years ago, a friend and I founded a monthly gathering of geeks in Shropshire. We're pretty original, so we called it Shropgeek (see, clever marketing magic!). I've since moved on (and miss Shropshire terribly), but the lovely geeks back there have evolved, and the monthly pubby networking events turned into proper conferences with sponsors, and tickets (but still with beer). Now that I'm affiliated with a city not too far from Shrewsbury, I wanted to un-spammily point you at the site <http://2013.shropgeek-revolution.co.uk/>, and say:

"If you like webby things, Shrewsbury's only an hour away."

Cheers, and I look forward to meeting more of you soon!

-Z
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "DoES Liverpool" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to does-liverpool+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.