On 05/12/2018 18:36, Jonas Devlieghere wrote:
I believe that posix doesn't make this guarantee, but that in reality neither linux nor darwin recycles pids before they wrap around?

Yes, linux tries pretty hard to not recycle pids, but this is hampered by the fact that the default pid limit is 32k and that process and thread ids share the same namespace.

So given that we have over 1k tests and each test can easily spawn over 32 tids/pids on a 32-core machine (parallel parsing of debug info), we can easily run through the whole pid pool in a single test run.