On 10/01/2019 17:16, Peng Yu via lldb-dev wrote:
Hi,

I think that I can use the watchpoint command to set watchpoints on
all global and static variables. Then run the lldb and parse the
screen output to see what global and static variables are
read/write-accessed by what functions. Is this a good strategy? Is
there any other better ways to figure this kind of information out?

Normally, a CPU only allows a very small (as in, ~4) watchpoints. So I think this strategy is bound to fail.

If you really need dynamic information about this sort of thing (and not just the static "does the function reference this variable" kind), then I'd suggest trying to combine the static information (obtained either through analysis of the debug info, by looking at the relocations in the object files, or from the source code) with some dynamic instrumentation framework (the kinds used for coverage analysis) that can tell you whether a particular line of code (instruction) got executed.