I don't think that is right for "step-in".  As you said above, in the classic
example of a trampoline: objc_msgSend you can't statically know the destination.  So the
DWARF can't help resolve this; you would still need to do the work the lldb trampoline
classes do at runtime.

I was thinking along the line of the debugger looking examining the stack frame after a step and if it is marked as artificial continuing to do "stepi" until it hits a frame that isn't marked artificial. That would work for quite a bit of code (probably most of mine :). But I can see that the scheme would fail, if the trampoline code needs to execute a stdlib function or some such (maybe on a cache miss).

Ciao
   Nat!