Please take a look at the RFC patches I circulated for odp_buffer.h,
odp_buffer_pool.h, and odp_packet.h.  These now serve as both executables
and doxygen source so the information is in one place.

The split discussion refers to where the platform-specific typedefs are
defined + the question of how inlined implementations of select APIs are
expressed.