On 11/06/2014 02:59 PM, Savolainen, Petri (NSN - FI/Espoo) wrote:
+       /* allocate shared memory for buffers needed to be produced */
>+   odp_shm_t shm = odp_shm_reserve(ipc_shm_name, ring_size,
>+                   ODP_CACHE_LINE_SIZE,
>+                   ODP_SHM_PROC_NOCREAT);
This should be replaced by the normal (multi-process capable) lookup.

I don't think so. Process can generate name for packet io. It can be any name. Other process does lookup for that name. So it's impossible to do it in odp_init_global() because ipc pktio and it's pool might be created some time later during program execution. As I understand you right by "normal multi-process lookup" you mean walk thought shm table and test for name. That is serious and I think
not needed limitation.

Thanks,
Maxim.