A number of APIs support a buf_align parameter but we haven't been terribly
precise about limits on this, so some questions for Petri.

With buf_align being defined as uint32_t in theory we can specify
alignments up to 2GB.

1. MAY implementations impose a lower upper limit on the alignments they
support?

2. If so, what is the minimum acceptable upper alignment limit?  We've
specified that buffers MUST be at minimum 8 byte aligned but is that
sufficient?

3. If implementations MAY impose an upper alignment limit below 2GB, what
SHOULD happen if an application requests an alignment above this limit?
Fail the request?  Saturate at the implementation-defined max alignment?

Thanks.