On Sat, Jan 17, 2015 at 09:45:12AM -0600, Bill Fischofer wrote:
> Application-visible sizes refer to application-visible data.  Metadata is
> always implementation-specific and not included in such counts.  Metadata
> is "off books" data that is associated with the packet but is not part of
> any addressable packet storage. The advantage of having a packet object is
> that the packet APIs can refer to the packet independent of any
> implementation and not to how the packet may be represented in storage on a
> particular platform.

But coming back to my question, How an application can create a one segment
full length packet ?
Following equation may not be correct in all platforms
packet_len = ODP_CONFIG_PACKET_BUF_LEN_MIN - ODP_CONFIG_PACKET_HEADROOM -
ODP_CONFIG_PACKET_TAILROOM;

> Trying to reason about buffers that are used to store packet data is
> inherently non-portable and should be discouraged. Hopefully the switch to
> events will help move us in that direction since packets are no longer a
> type of buffer using the new nomenclature.

Should we remove  odp_buffer_size(buf) == odp_packet_buf_len(pkt)) test case
or wait for event rework to happen ?