Hi Petri,
generic extracts would be packet areas given by offset and length. For
example I'm able with the frame distribution engine on DPAA1 platforms to
encode the frame queue directly in the frame , e.g. in the last 3 bytes of
the source MAC address (this is only an example , arbitrary packet bytes
can be used). This would be a direct queue selection feature (queue id is
computed and not searched in a typical lookup table) , complementary to
distribution and not involving classification.

Hope this helps,
Alex