Hi Bill,

On 25.06.15 16:52, Bill Fischofer wrote:
This RFC adds routines that permit classification rules to be manipulated
in a stateful manner.  The odp_pktio_pmr_cos() routine is intended to be
deprecated and in its place the new odp_pktio_cls_context_swap() routine
is to be used instead.

The odp_cls_context_t type represents a classification context that can
be manipulated to build rule chains that associated PMRs with CoSes. The
context, in turn, is then applied atomicly to a pktio to activate it.

New APIs defined in this RFC are:
odp_cls_context_create()
odp_cls_context_destroy()
odp_cls_context_lookup()
odp_cls_context_to_u64()
odp_cls_context_pmr_cos()
odp_pktio_cls_context_swap()

Bill Fischofer (2):
   linux-generic: classification: add odp_cls_context_t type definitions
   api: classification: add odp_cls_context routines for stateful
     classification

  include/odp/api/classification.h                   | 87 +++++++++++++++++++++-
  .../include/odp/plat/classification_types.h        |  3 +

I have several "start" questions regarding the Subj patch.

- wouldn't be better to replace "context" on "tree".

- can we modify existent ctx in some way? I mean replace some object in the
ctx.

- can we reuse objects from the ctx in another ctx? For situations before
ctx swap and after. We have API for that, why not.

- what should happen if I destroy object that currently in the ctx? For
situations before ctx swap and after. We have API for that, why not.

- As I understand the real resources allocation/replacement/deletion will be
after ctx swap. If I /add entries to ctx/destroy entries/ after swap, I have to call ctx swap once again for the same ctx in order the implementation can sync
with h/w. Right?

- If I add new ctx that contains entries from previous ctx, it's an
implementations responsibility to decide reuse them or not. But what should do an implementation when I destroy common entry for both ctxs? Have the user to
call ctx swap for each ctx containing destroyed entry?

- Do an user be able to add two or more PMR-CoS entries to the same src CoS?
How I can do it with presented API? If I can do, pls, clarify the following
question.

- Have the ctx to remember the order in with entries where added to it? I mean
situation when PMR-CoS pairs are added to common src. It's an important
information from implementation point of view, if it wants to be consistent.