On 15.10.15 19:31, Mike Holmes wrote:

On 15 October 2015 at 14:04, Ivan Khoronzhuk <ivan.khoronz...@linaro.org
<mailto:ivan.khoronz...@linaro.org>> wrote:

    Please, no Camel case....maybe we can duplicate the struct with names and
use convenient one.

So we adopt a standard that is bigger than out own and not its naming
convention ?
Feels presumptuous :)

Yep.

    On 15.10.15 15:12, Mike Holmes wrote:

        On 15 October 2015 at 13:01, Bill Fischofer <bill.fischo...@linaro.org
<mailto:bill.fischo...@linaro.org> <mailto:bill.fischo...@linaro.org
<mailto:bill.fischo...@linaro.org>>> wrote:

             If we're going to follow RFC MIB specifications we should use the
field names as specified in the RFCs.  We already need to update the checkpatch
rules to allow camel case since CUnit uses that anyway.  We can simply have a
recommendation that ODP doesn't use camel case except in cases like these.  It
actually helps highlight the fact that these are externally specified names
rather than ODP names.

        Agree on using RFC names and I think checkpatch already ignores "MiB",
but a patch to add Cunit exceptions  is a good idea

             Bill

             On Thu, Oct 15, 2015 at 6:09 AM, Savolainen, Petri (Nokia - FI/Espoo)
<petri.savolai...@nokia.com <mailto:petri.savolai...@nokia.com>
<mailto:petri.savolai...@nokia.com <mailto:petri.savolai...@nokia.com>>> wrote:

                 Hi,

                 These RFCs could be the ones we are looking for pktio
interface level counters.

        https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3635
        https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2863
        https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2819

                 The editor tool can be used to double check which RFC is the
lastest...
        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc3635
        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc2863

                 The counters could be these, but in 64 bit version in ODP API.

                 For example, ifInOctets would be specified as

                 typedef struct {
                    uint64_t in_octets;
                    uint64_t in_ucastpkts;

                 } odp_pktio_stat_counters_t;

                 ifInOctets
                 ifInUcastPkts
                 ifInDiscards
                 ifInErrors
                 ifInUnknownProtos
                 ifOutOctets
                 ifOutUcastPkts
                 ifOutDiscards
                 ifOutErrors

                 ifInOctets                      The number of octets in valid
MAC frames