Hello,

I added basic ODP input support for Suricata here:

https://github.com/muvarov/suricata

and now I think how it's better to resolve things with threads. Problem is that when we did dpdk port dpdk run it's workers at early init stage. Then called function passed as call back and dpdk worker, which runs it instead of busy loop. Validation tests and examples do not see difference in thread creation due to use of odp helper library. Which is different for linux-gen and odp-dpdk
platforms.

Because of we wanted to make odp helper optional library. We need to make common execution of multi threaded app. So that
replacement of .so library can work.

it might be:
1) try to move thread start thread for odp-dpdk to odp_init_local() which is at the beginning of each thread.

2) use in all multi thread applications odp helper library.

3) move common things to odp API.

So the questions are:
    1) does somebody else change odp helper code?

2) what is better way to support multi threaded apps in binary compatibility mode?

Thank you,
Maxim.