Hi,

In our last meeting, yesterday,  we agreed on the following objects:
1) enumerator class
2) enumerator
3) enumerated_device
4) devio
5) driver

and to come: pktio_interface...

At registration time, the driver have to tell:
- The enumerator class it expects devices from (string E)
- The devio it intend to use (string D)

Also, the version of these matters! are we OK with a major/minor
approach?, i.e. the driver will be probed (after registration), only
for objects enumerated by a compatible enumerator E and if a
compatible devio D has been registered:

By compatible we mean:
 At registration time enumerators and devios provide a major/minor
version number
At registration time, driver provides the requested enumerator and
devio name and version.
The register version (of a enumerator or devio) is compatible with the
requested version if:
major(requested) = major(registered)
minor(requested) <= minor(registered)

Does this make sense for you? any better idea?

Christophe