Hi Christophe,

event are not just "new device" (in that case I would agree with you).
Events can be:
- "attention" (before "poweroff") for a specific device to orderly shutdown
before poweroff (or remove if virtio-net device in a VM).
- SFP insertion/removal of a specific port
- Error condition (an internal watchdog may detect packet stall or I don't
know)

FF

--
[image: Linaro] <http://www.linaro.org/>
François-Frédéric Ozog | *Director Linaro Networking Group*