> Thanks, Matias. For your benchmarking it would be good to get a
> comparison run without those options to better quantify the overhead
> of ABI compatibility mode. Right now we're taking a strict approach to
> ABI so as to minimize the coordination requirements between
> implementations supporting that ABI, however it's possible to tighten
> things up by allowing certain inline function expansions if the
> members of the ABI agree on some common aspects of their respective
> internals. These sort of comparisons would be the sort of
> justification needed for doing that extra spec work.

Sure, I can run the comparison benchmarks. The performance difference
correlates with the number of inline functions. Petri is currently working on a
patch set, which inlines a large set of commonly used packet functions. It’s
probably best to wait until his patch set is ready (probably tomorrow?) before
running the tests.

-Matias