Cross post from ofp team that is interesting discussion

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Andriy Berestovskyy <andriy.berestovs...@cavium.com>
Date: 14 February 2017 at 03:48
Subject: [openfastpath] Cavium's OFP IPsec Implementation Proposal
To: openfastp...@list.openfastpath.org

Hey guys,
Cavium is implementing IPsec in ODP, so as I proposed earlier during the
TSC call, we can also implement a basic IPsec implementation in OFP + IPsec
example + performance optimizations. This will allow our engineers to share
the code earlier and to reduce the overall development time.

Here is Cavium's OFP IPsec proposal in details:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-Yfa-KDlFpr5DQdn4DhX4NUc
LYKCJniPLiXRll5clEk

The document includes:
 - overall plan
 - high level design of IPsec in OFP
 - minimal API to implement an IPsec example

If the plan is OK with you, we can start the implementation.

At the same time we can start the discussions regarding further IPsec
development in OFP, i.e.:
 - IKE integration
 - Linux kernel integration
 - CLI, diagnostics and stats