> ok, it looks like in case of clang we need to pass -mcx16 and no need to
> pass libatomic. I will check if I do that in my patch.

Oops, I just realised that I was wrong here when I said that this looks like
more of an infrastructural problem than a dependency problem. The use of
"__atomic_compare_exchange_n" in the existing codebase doesn't refer to
128-bit atomics, so you're totally right that this does, in the 64-bit case
at least, introduce a new dependency that wasn't here before. (Just felt the
need to correct myself for the record.)

Anyhow, it's good that you've managed to resolve this issue by adding the
dependency to the project infrastructure. Though since it applies only to
this one case, perhaps it should only be added to the infrastructure for this
example in particular (as suggested in the thread on your patch relating to
this issue).