On 06/02/17 18:36, Brian Brooks wrote:
> On 06/02 15:07:48, Maxim Uvarov wrote:
>> I think this patch has to be spit on several patches. Having patch which
>> correct unrelated things is strange and make it hard to merge/cherry-pick.
>
> They are all related to things that break the build with GCC 7. It's
> unnecessary and extra complexity to split it up into more than one patch.
> The single patch is small and easily reviewable anyway.

Idea here is the following. Different odp implementations can inherit
specific parts of mainline ODP to their code. For example changes to
configure.ac might be sufficient for odp-dpdk and change to fix pktio
name is not. Other platform developers prefer to take entire commit
from linux-generic with git cherry-pick <sha> command.

Maxim.