On 07/07/17 16:46, Elo, Matias (Nokia - FI/Espoo) wrote:

>> On 7 Jul 2017, at 0:21, Maxim Uvarov <maxim.uva...@linaro.org> wrote:
>>
>> On 07/03/17 15:01, Matias Elo wrote:
>>> +zero_copy=0
>>> +AC_ARG_ENABLE([dpdk-zero-copy],
>>> +    [  --enable-dpdk-zero-copy  enable experimental zero-copy DPDK pktio
>>> mode],
>>> +    [if test x$enableval = xyes; then
>>> +        zero_copy=1
>>> +    fi])
>>> +
>>
>> please add corresponding check to his to .travis.yaml
>>
>> Maxim.
>
> This seems to require some major changes to the travis configuration file.
> The zero-copy dpdk pktio is enabled by adding '--enable-dpdk-zero-copy'
> configure flag. So, to test both modes ODP would have to be configured,
> built, and tested twice.
>
> I've pretty much zero experience working with Travis, but to me it looks like
> the minimum change would be to repeat the lines 118-122:
>
>         - ./bootstrap
>         - ./configure --prefix=$HOME/odp-install  --enable-test-cpp
> --enable-test-vald --enable-test-helper --enable-test-perf
> --enable-user-guides --enable-test-perf-proc --enable-test-example
> --with-dpdk-path=`pwd`/dpdk/${TARGET} --with-netmap-path=`pwd`/netmap $CONF
>         - make -j $(nproc)
>         - sudo LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/usr/local/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH" make check
>         - make install
>
> Then do 'make clean' and repeat the process adding the
> '--enable-dpdk-zero-copy' flag.
>
> Then there is the code coverage test which is another problem. I've no way of
> testing this script, so I don't feel that comfortable doing any major
> changes. As you are much more experienced working with Travis would it be
> possible for you to do the necessary modifications?
>
> -Matias

For first question - yes. Lets merge Dmitris patch before.

For travis, please first see how result matrix looks like:

https://travis-ci.org/Linaro/odp/builds/251051276?utm_source=github_status&utm_medium=notification

So you need separate:
                - stage: test
                  env: TEST=distcheck

entry.
Like clone entry "TEST=coverage" and put your options there.

If you only need to provide one option, then you need just add one line
here:

 env:
        - CONF=""
        - CONF="--disable-abi-compat"
        - CONF="--enable-schedule-sp"
        - CONF="--enable-schedule-iquery"
        - CONF="--enable-schedule-scalable"
        - CONF="--enable-dpdk-zero-copy"

and it will be tested with clang/gcc and what we have. You can test how
it works on your private github repo.

Maxim.