Hi,
    I think there are 2 ways in which pkt I/O will be used:

1) Polling method - in which one pkt I/O will be created for each
receive worker thread. In this case, support for ODP_PKTIO_OP_MT_SAFE
is not required.
2) Event method - the scheduler is used to receive packets. In this
case the scheduler will provide the exclusive access to a pkt I/O.
Again in this case support for ODP_PKTIO_OP_MT_SAFE is not required.

I am thinking, for high throughput packet I/Os such as dpdk or ODP
native drivers (in the future), we do not need to support
ODP_PKTIO_OP_MT_SAFE. The odp_pktio_open API call can return an error
if ODP_PKTIO_OP_MT_SAFE is asked for.

We could keep the support for ODP_PKTIO_OP_MT_SAFE for other pkt I/Os.

This will save space in cache for the locks as well as instruction cycles.

Thank you,
Honnappa