Hi Petri,

DPDK modules are not allowing DPDK to adapt to underlying architecture. It
is just pugable HW.
The DDF will  deal with that.

The problem we need to solve is architecture adaptation. where the CORE of
the application changes. there is a single DPDK core with drivers. ODP has
different CORES (one for each SoC implementation) and several plugable
driver through DDF.

So the DPDK model is not comparable.

The Xorg model is closer but still Xorg CORE does not change based on the
GPU/FrameBuffer plugins.

ANd last, but not least, all those things are INSTALL time stuff. Which we
care for NEPs as I mentioned in the use cases, but is not enough to deal
with arbitrary INSTANTIATION.

Cordially,

FF

--
[image: Linaro] <http://www.linaro.org/>
François-Frédéric Ozog | *Director Linaro Networking Group*