I wouldn't exactly call it flying. We do have some basic pktio via
odp_generator. We should have detailed results on speed etc within the week.

The device matching is partially complete, you can have a peek at
https://github.com/apalos/odp/blob/ddf/mdev/api/sysfs_parse.c#L91
This matches one(and only mediated device per interface for now). It does
that by matching the device driver name as defined in the linux module(and
gets inherited in sysfs attributes).
We do supply the same name on each driver as seen in
https://github.com/apalos/odp/blob/ddf/mdev/drivers/r8169.c#L376 and
https://github.com/apalos/odp/blob/ddf/mdev/drivers/e1000e.c#L469

So the device matching is partially solved for the mediated device approach
and it's using kernel attributes that are unlikely to change in the future.

Regards
Ilias
​