10 нояб. 2017 г. 13:22 пользователь "Maxim Uvarov" <maxim.uva...@linaro.org>
написал:

I see that dpdk started to support abi versions in following ways

I.e. they describe in .map file which functions to expert and what ABI/API
level they are.
We can use something the same. But I'm not big fun of manually writing such
files. And maybe maintain different ABI versions in one source is not a
good idea. But we can try to generate .map and filter out all not "odp_"
functions, then specify this .map to linked.

This requires maintaining ABI compatibility between releases. The whole
point of versioning symbols is to be able to declare that this symbol
conforms to old ABI and this one is new. And yes, this requires manual
listings.