I think is a better practice to use configuration file instead of
modifying the template:

ODP_CONFIG_FILE=<config_file> <odp application>

ODP_CONFIG_FILE=/<something>/odp/my_config.conf
./example/generator/odp_generator -I 1 -m r

$ cat ./my_config.conf
odp_implementation = "linux-generic"
config_file_version = "0.0.1"

queue_basic: {
        # Maximum queue size. Value must be a power of two.
        max_queue_size = 8192

        # Default queue size. Value must be a power of two.
        default_queue_size = 4096
}