Hello,

Wgile already using Openstreetmap (as website, in the applications foxtrotgps
on linux
and OSMAND in my Android telephone) I don't have any exzperience with adding
data to
openstreetmap.

I want to start a local project in the Netherlands to add additional data to
OSM, the dat
data being unnamed POI's and/or new POI's.

My plan is therefor to add data from my current data collection, which contains
curently
over 59.000 POI's, mainly consisting of churches, chapels and crosses (in Dutch
Kerken,
Kapellen, Kruisen).
An example of a POI to be added is
;; 8;; Noord-Brabant;Heeze-Leende;Heeze;;Ven;21;;51.36490;5.55883;;Sint
Jobsklokje is
Klokkenstoel;;
An example of a POI with additional info is
Gelderland, Nijmegen, Graafseweg, 101, 51.83926, 5.85330, Nieuw-Apostolische
Kerk :
NAK_Nieuw-Apostolische-Kerk_Nijmegen
That last field is the name of a subset of a collection of photos on my
website, see http://
fred.mobach.nl/kerken/aklein/NAK_Nieuw-Apostolische-Kerk_Nijmegen.jpg[1].

The method I plan to use is:
1. search for a complete set of categories (like churches, post ofices) and
select the for me
the relevant ones,
2. download  a selection of the complete database, e.g. a town like Nijmegen,
3. try to add new or additional info on POI's,
4. repeat the previous step for all subsets of the Netherlands.

Thank you for your attention and please point me to documents / websites /
procedures
which will help me to first read the goal described in step.

Best regards,

Fred Mobach

--------
[1] http://fred.mobach.nl/kerken/aklein/NAK_Nieuw-Apostolische-Kerk_Nijmegen.jpg