I have started a good chunk of the base for the project. The really
big remaining part is getting the starts to each diffrent sub set of
the site that everyone will use as well as replacing the Django admin
with a more custom built admin. To allow better and faster
administration of the website.

>From what I understand the Google App Engine isn't meant so much as a
hosting platform but as a means to offset work from your web site.
i.e. parsing data. You allowed a lot of bandwith and cpu space but
only 500mb of space. Not really a lot to run a website. The other we
would have to battle is that its still in a some what closed beta.

On Thu, May 22, 2008 at 6:27 AM, Martin Owens <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> One of the projects I am heading up is a web framework for LoCo's
>> powered on Django. It has been slow moving as I haven't had the time
>> as of late to get the core up but a lot of ideas have been floating
>> about and a few have been put into the Blueprints on Launchpad and the
>> wiki.
>
> That is always a problem with foss development, it requires more than
> 1 person to really get things moving. If you haven't done any code yet
> than perhaps it might be worth joining our efforts? If you've got a
> base to work from then perhaps it's worth using it.
>
> And to reply to Mark,
>
>> Concerning infrastructure to build on, it might be a good idea to
>> start looking at google app engine. Maintenance free, and you can use
>> your favorite WSGI python framework. Especially the maintenance free
>> part is the big selling point towards locoteams if you ask me...
>
> I'm not keen on google app engine; I'd rather write the thing from
> scratch and own and license it without fear that others could not host
> it for their own teams. Besides there are plenty of people with plenty
> of servers even in my state who would lend space for such projects.
>
> Best Regards, Martin Owens
>
> --

Nick Verbeck - NerdyNick