Le 22/07/2010 19:38, Laura Czajkowski a écrit :
Aloha,

I've had some time recently to review a lot of wiki applications for
LoCos.  It is truly amazing the amount of work some teams do and is a
great source of ideas to try for other teams.

With that said, I've also seen some wiki pages which are less than clear
on what the team is doing which makes it very hard to judge. So I
thought I'd put down some best practices to make it clearer what is
expected.

So firstly let's recap:

     The LoCo Council has been tasked with identifying Approved LoCo
     teams which were approved over 2 years ago and thus are due for
     re-approval. The criteria for re approval is the same as for
     approval which is outlined on thegetting approved instructions
</LoCoGettingApproved>  and the LoCo Council guidelines can be found
     at the team approval guidelines</LoCoCouncil/TeamApprovalGuidelines>.

     It should be noted that from the day your LoCo is approved, you
     should continue to document all events and history of your LoCo
</LoCo>  for this re approval process to make it clear and visible to
     all.

Now it is safe to say some teams do not continue documenting their work
so when it comes to re approval time it's panic stations, all hands on
deck!  Things you can do to help elevate this are the following

     * Use the LoCo Directory<http://loco.ubuntu.com/>  to log all of
       your events it will make it easier to write up about them and
       possibly in the future link to past events
<https://bugs.launchpad.net/loco-directory/+bug/608797>
     * MONTHLY Reports<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/TeamReports>folks, only a
       handful of teams use them and there are more teams there that
       SHOULD be writing monthly reports, list your IRC meeting, any real
       life meet up, projects people are working on in relation to Ubuntu.
     * Take photos of your events it'll help in the long run, assign
       someone at each event to take photos and even create a gallery in
       one place to link to them

When it comes to the creation of the Application be it for Approval or
ReApproval it's the same thing just NAMED DIFFERENTLY.  You just need to
document it. LOTS OF DETAILS PLEASE! We'd rather have too much then not
enough details as the meeting is short and we have a lot of teams to get
through.

What is expected of a LoCo Team

     * All teams must provide the Council with a wiki page (in English
       preferably) with details outlined in
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCoGettingApproved.
     * The team should have demonstrated a significant and sustained
       contribution to the Ubuntu community, from participating in a
       ubuntu-related project, documentation, localization, development
       (bug reports and packaging, marketing, participating in FOSS
       events, release parties. All of these abiding the Code of Conduct
       and following the LoCo</LoCo>  team project's policies.
     * The team should have public wiki pages and an open public mailing
       list set up, these initial resources indicate open participation
       and they provide the Council with a log of the Team's activity.
     * The team should have an entry in
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCoTeamList.
     * The team should have been running for at least 4 months and have
       had a consistent set of interactions with each other (council
       members should look at mailing list activity to assess how much
       activity there is) - you should also assess IRC activity where
       applicable.
     * The team should have a good roadmap and a good set of goals that
       they want to achieve, The Approved status is only a confirmation
       of their effort and it is also a commitment for further community
       activity.
     * Leadership within the team must be build upon fairness and
       openess. The team must be in agreement with the fair apointment of
       a leader. This leader must represent the team in different
       situations in an efficient and effective manner, so the leader's
       commitment towards the team is paramount.
     * Has there been much conflict in the team, and if so, has it been
       resolved?: This is a very important sign of a team that is mature
       enough to face further situations in the future. Resolving issues
       is definetely a learning experience for LoCo Teams.
     * Do the council feel this team could be trusted with additional
       resources such as additional CDs and being sent equipment for
       use?, Extra resources encourage more participation therefore,
       Being able to administer their resources is paramount, making sure
       that the team has what they need to promote ubuntu locally .
     * Is this team setting a good example to the community? The Team
       must serve as role for new teams. The teams participation in LoCo
       team communication channels (Mailing list and IRC) is also
       encouraged, this way the team can be sure of that the great work
       done by this team gets shared with the whole LoCo Team community.

We also know that from time to time things don't run smoothly, but how
you cope  resolve and work things out is what we would like to know
about.  It's not a bad thing unless you hide it.  On the wiki page tell
us how many is in your TEAM, IRC Channel, Mailing list, Forums and link
to them.  We need the details, please don't expect us to go looking for
them, your team is one of a number of teams being reviewed.

When it comes to the IRC meeting if you are called for one, don't come
alone.  You are not in the team alone.  You don't run the team alone.
   BRING PEOPLE  TO CHEER THEIR TEAM ALONG!  It's a team effort remember
this when doing the application ASK FOR HELP, ASK  FOR CONTENT, you may
miss something when someone else has blogged or taken photos of something.

Remember the LoCo Council idles in #ubuntu-locoteams if you want us to
look over your application to give you some pointers just ask.  Remember
being called for reapproval is a normal procedure and do not panic :)

Finally some really good applications just to give you an idea of what
we're looking for are the following

    1. Colombian LoCo
<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ColombianTeam/TeamReApproval2010>
    2. Italian LoCo
<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ItalianTeam/ReApprovalApplication>
    3. French LoCo<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/FrenchTeam/ApprovalApplication

Hi,

I wrote the French Approval Application page (i don't put a "re" in front of that because it is like an approval application like Laura said). Because I'm not smart, i asked to our LoCoCouncil contact paultag what they expect to find in this page after writing a first draft. They love photos, photos with lot of people on them. The charts are good too, they can see in one view the importance of what you want to show.

I can't help for the photos, but i can help for the charts.

First the irc channels charts, one of our team member point me to this site http://fr.gogloom.com/ it's excellent to show the amount of users frequenting your channels. For example http://en.gogloom.com/FreeNode/ubuntu-locoteams/Graphic+View for the #ubuntu-locoteams channel.

Second the mailing lists charts, I choose to show the number of posts per months, it's easy to count. You only have to go to the list archive, and for each month you have the number of posts. You can also use the size of the gz files they are an indicator also of the activity.

Finally the websites charts. I can't help for that, you have to use tools, or to make your own tools to count on data-files or databases significant informations like number of new users, number of posts, ... don't take too much time on that if you can't do that easily.

Oh, and another important thing, you are a team, don't do that alone, i had help to find the informations, to review the page, to correct my bad english, ... In prevision of that application we made a meeting in June asking for reports on each part of our activities.

Have fun,

YoBoY