Hello Ubuntufolks,

I am a member of the Austrian Loco Team.

I have a few things to say about the approval work which is done by the
council.
First of all I want to say, that Ubuntu was a great distribution and still
is my favorite one out there.

What I think about this approval process is, that a lot of work, from people
who really are committed to Ubuntu, is getting bashed. I don´t think that
this is the right way and I know that in former times there was nearly no
bureaucracy in the Ubuntu community. Everyone worked for the community, not
for reapproval, only because they were convinced of Ubuntu and wanted to
share this expirience with their friends and in general other people.

I know some guys, who have their work, make their studies AND care about the
ubuntu project. They do that for free without asking for payment or asking
for anything else. Thats why I think that its not fair that a council judge
that people.

@Loco Council: This is not an attack at you personally. Its my opinion
(personal opinion, not an official statement from our Loco) and I think
everyone should at least say what he is thinking.

Best Regards

Philipp Stiegler