Please keep the subject the same as the email thread, this looks like
a new thread.

2010/7/24 Daniel Van‵Stone <webmas...@catcodesigns.net>:
> To:loco-contacts@lists.ubuntu.com>
> Dear loco-contacts and other subscribers to this list,
>
> In the end it boils down to the view of the Council.
>
> While we may each have our belief.
>
> The current council works on thier each(8) view

There are 6 LoCo Council members.

> The council members
> https://launchpad.net/~communitycouncil/+members
> can be reached by sending an email to
>> community-coun...@lists.ubuntu.com
> I have met many supporters, contributors and have
> helped others while the whole time learning.

Well sure. LoCo Council is ubuntu-lococouncil on Launchpad.

> I beliee that the community needs more relaxed methods
> so at a minimum a college class could create a LoCo Team.

That is write out.

There should be at most one a state. Sub-teams should be just that, sub-teams.

Officially, USA should be one LoCo. Rules have been bent, and US
States are treated like a country.

If we allow anyone to create a LoCo we have to support a *huge* number
of groups, and allocate resources ( such as CDs ) in a fair way.

> As many focus on one item
> it may take focus from the community aspect
> in a different area.
>
> May be that the responsibility of the Team needs another
> scribe or such to assist them as their duties are great.
>
> I personally will not criticize the members
> of the council, I have never held the responsibities that
> they have and do.
>
> Cordially,
>
> Daniel Van`Stone
>
> On Sat, 2010-07-24 at 02:22 +0200, Neil Coetzer wrote:
>> On Fri, 2010-07-23 at 17:21 -0400, Indigo196 wrote:
>> > Neil:
>> >
>> > I think it depends on how you view the LP team -- is it a list of
>> > 'active' members or is it just a list of people who are associated with
>> > using Ubuntu and your LoCo team. I lean towards the latter and would not
>> > require 'activity' in order to be 'listed' on the team. I do have the
>> > expiration set to one year which will auto-prune folks who are no longer
>> > interested in being listed.
>> >
>> > Charles
>> > NY State LoCo
>>
>> Hi Charles,
>>
>> Thanks, and very valid point.
>>
>> While we also have expiration set to one year, many of the members have
>> joined in the last year. We have noticed a trend here where people sign
>> up and sometimes attend one meeting, and then seem to slip through the
>> cracks. So our intention here is certainly not to force people into
>> being active as such, but rather to avoid losing potential contributors
>> simply because we haven't provided them with any necessary information
>> and encouragement. As also mentioned previously, many of the people who
>> are non-technical seem to be intimidated into not contributing because
>> they think their contributions will be "less" than those who are
>> technical - so this is also a mindset that we are trying to change at
>> the moment, particularly as we feel that marketing is probably the most
>> crucial need in our area right now.
>>
>> And of course, this is just part of a drive to increase interest in the
>> Team, because the consistently active members are unfortunately few.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Neil
>>

> --

#define sizeof(x) rand()