Aloha !

We now have this fantastic all in one place information on teams, global
and local events. It makes finding information for everyone a lot
easier. It’s come on a long way and looks rather pretty also and is
still being worked on there are bugs logged for some issues so with
every week there are new improvements coming.

What I have noticed however is the amount of teams there on the LD with
not up to date information, *no wiki page* listed, *no mailing list*,
*no website, no IRC *channel listed or any information about themselves
and in many cases most of the teams are providing this help. We need you
to *update your information*, that’s either through *your team leader*,*
point of contact* or you have *admins* set up on launchpad who can edit
the loco directory, if you see your team has other resources that are
not listed there *PLEASE ASK OF YOUR TEAM TO ADD IT!*

This morning there were 69 teams listed on the LD with no fix abode they
had no country listed against them. I’ve gone in and added them all, bar
5 which I need help on. In the LD Language is a mandatory field, I’ve
added the one language against each team, you can select more, *PLEASE
SELECT MORE *if you have more than one language in your team.

Think of the directory from a new persons point of view a yellow pages
of information they can access. If someone was in your area and wanted
to learn more about your team, that information should be visible. They
shouldn’t have to join a mailing list or an IRC channel just to find out
where your wiki page is located.

Also a really handy tool for people who are travelling is they can view
the LD and see if there are any events going on in the area so they can
drop by and say hi.

Before I started it looked like
http://www.lczajkowski.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/teamswithnocountry.png

Now all of the teams are filed under a country -
http://loco.ubuntu.com/teams/

Teams should have *at least one person* who is able to update their team
information if not at least two/three depending on size of your team so
they can add events, make sure the information is kept up to date.

There are lots of people hanging out in #ubuntu-locoteams if you need a
hand just ask in there

Laura
<http://loco.ubuntu.com/teams/>

--