On 3 Jan 2014, at 11:55, Thorsten Schöning wrote:

Guten Tag Christian Grobmeier,
am Freitag, 3. Januar 2014 um 11:36 schrieben Sie:

The question actually is: what is the best way to build a multi-platform
C++ project of that kind?

I have no experience, we do C++ and use log4cxx on Windows and with
Embarcaderos C++ Builder only. PCRE e.g. uses CMAKE, which seems
widely known, but was never used by us.

Maybe we should first spent quite some time looking at what log4cxx already
provides, try to get that running and decide later. Build tools and
all that stuff seem to have good potential for flamewars. :-)

Makes sense :-)

Well, I can help with Maven related issues in regards to the site.
I am unfortunately not good with building C++ things and maintaining that part of the build.

I tend to believe that we should start to build log4cxx with Ant. My feeling is that Maven was using Ant to build it. If the Ant stuff works, we could renenable the Maven build for it,
or leave it out.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Thorsten Schöning

--