On 3 Jan 2014, at 17:10, Rhys Ulerich wrote:
Is there a commit notification mailing list for our repo?
Yes there should be one - actually it should be the dev list.

Just on a hunch, I tried log4cxx-cvs-subscr...@apache.org but it
bounced.  I'd prefer having a separate commit notification list as it
keeps the traffic lower on log4cxx-dev which might encourages users to
lurk.

Not sure why they are not coming. We need to ask infra.
Do you want to ask or should I?

Would you please ask them to roll a log4cxx-cvs?  I'm looking at
http://www.apache.org/dev/infra-contact#requesting-podling which says
mailing list requests
have to come from established folks like you.

Sure, I can ask for a new mailing list.

However please note two things:

1) usually we use log4cxx-commits@ (instead of -cvs) these days
2) in log4j we use the log4j-dev@ list for commits. You might want to reconsider using log4cxx-dev as well

Personally I would suggest we use log4cxx-dev for commit notifications until the commit traffic
becomes so overwhelming that we can't manage it anymore

Wdyt?

Thank you,
Rhys

---