Guten Tag Rhys Ulerich,
am Dienstag, 4. März 2014 um 15:39 schrieben Sie:

> Maybe.  If we'd like to ask for guidance from the APR folks, the
> report might be a good vehicle for it.

OK, obviously I didn't understand who you meant with "APR-on-Windows
developers" and didn't get the context. :-)

> APR says https://apr.apache.org/compiling_win32.html about Windows
> builds and presumably we're some improper subset given log4cxx's
> dependency on APR.  I don't see any mention of Ant, but I've not
> looked hard.

I don't think I get the idea behind this (again). Do you mean Ant as
prerequisite for APR? I don't think it is, I have the feeling Curt only
used it because of his Java and Log4j background. Or that the current
build.xml tries to build APR itself as well? Than I would simply
discuss removing that in the future.

> Would it be worth asking for some virtual face time with
> APR-on-Windows developers to get their recommendation for what APR
> currently supports?

From your link I don't have the feeling that APR supports less than
Log4cxx. What would be the benefit of knowing which platforms APR can
support on Windows and maybe Log4cxx doesn't right now for any reason?
I think the main problem for Windows will be cpptasks and build.xml,
APR works fine for example on current versions of C++ Builder, but
cpptasks don't.

No, I think we first need to discuss how we want to build Log4cxx on
Windows in general, if we want to provide contributed projects, use
CMAKE or whatever. I think this will get more likely a bottleneck than
APR or anything else.

http://logging.apache.org/log4cxx/building/index.html

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Thorsten Schöning