Guten Tag Wiebesiek, Torsten,
am Sonntag, 10. Januar 2016 um 19:03 schrieben Sie:

> I don't want to start a general discussion about which build system
> is best. Such thing does not exist.

But some day we need to decide, e.g. if a complete rewrite for CMAKE
is preferable over staying with autoconf AND some folks need to do it
of course. ;-)

And as could be read in the releasing aspect: If we want votes for
releases, things need to build on voters systems.

> And if you as main developer are using an environment that's not
> supported by any common build system, why not check in your IDE's
> log4cxx project files to avoid manual crafting of Makefiles?

I already version my projects of course and suggested that in the past
as well, same with Visual Studio projects. In fact, former releases of
log4cxx already contained project files generated by cpptaasks. Of
course those project files would expect 3rd party libs like APR in
some special dir layout, but in my opinion such things could be
documented and easily adopted by users and things like dir layouts a
common problem to all build tools.

From my point of view we could easily just provide available project
files for e.g. Windows and focus with a build system on non-Windows
systems. I came across projects doing this in the past, if they
supported Windows at all.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Thorsten Schöning

--