Hi Marc,

Marc Respass wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm new to the list and new to log4cxx. I've been trying to compile for
Welcome :-)

> Mac OS X Tiger (10.4.6 on Intel). I did a search and can't find anything
> that helps. I can't even get past the configure script. I got the latest
> release from Subversion and get the following error when I run the
> configure script
>
> checking build system type... i686-apple-darwin8.6.1
> checking for APR... no
> configure: error: APR could not be located. Please use the --with-apr
> option.
>
> It looks like I need APR and then I can tell configure where it is but I
> don't know what APR is so I don't know how to get it. Can anyone help?

APR is the Apache Portable Runtime (http://apr.apache.org/), a
library which encapsulates OS-specific functions. The new log4cxx
version is built on it. You need apr and apr-util, which can be
downloaded from http://apr.apache.org/download.cgi.

Just build both libraries and pass the build directories to
the log4cxx configure script with the --with-apr and --with-apr-util
parameters.

I have not yet checked if the newest APR version 1.2.7 works
with log4cxx, but minor versions are usually compatible,
so it should.

Regards,

        Andreas