Hi,

I'm terribly sorry for my incomplete previous mail(my browser has mapped few
keys and it was sent accidentally)
Here it is again.

I was using log4cxx v0.9.7 and during trial runs, it started crashing(I
think the reason was as mentioned in
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOGCXX-4).
Our customer got skeptical(obviously) when he read following statement at
http://logging.apache.org/log4cxx:
"At this point, log4cxx-0.9.7 is substantially out of date, has known
serious deficiencies that have been resolved in the CVS, and should be
avoided for new code"

He even suggested to switch to another logging framework.

We convinced them that we can use a newer version of log4cxx and everything
will work fine. I switched to log4cxx v0.10.0 and its working fine. However,
there is no official word on this release.

How do I justify to our customers the use of this log4cxx version.

Is there any tentative date for official new release. Even a clarification
on this thread from log4cxx team that log4cxx v0.10.0 is stable enough for
use in production systems will be sufficient for me for time being(until
Apache makes it official).

Regards,
Anand.
P.S. I'm sorry if this mail does not belong to this mailing list. Please
suggest me an appropriate place to post this query.