Hi,
I've been desperately trying to build log4cxx (0.9.7) to Solaris sparc and
it's been a painful week even trying to build it,
So here's my problem :
I'm using Sun C++  5.9 SunOS_sparc compiler on Solaris 10
and the i have installed the autotools
-autoconf 2.60
-automake 1.10
-libtool 1.5
-m4 1.4.2
( downloaded from sunfreeware as solaris packages)

QUESTION1 : Have I installed the right versions (of the autotools) ? Is
there a compatibility issue that I am not aware of ?

When I run 'autogen.sh', aclocal fails and generates the following output:
NONE:0: /usr/local/bin/m4: '__program__' from frozen file not found in
builtin table!
autom4te: /usr/local/bin/m4 failed with exit status: 1
aclocal: autom4te failed with exit status: 1

QUESTION2:What does this mean? Why does it fail (aclocal)?

QUESTION3 Has anyone ever built/tested log4cxx with Sun C++ compiler, and if
anyone has, can he/she be so kind to describe it step by step (i'm clueless
)  or better than that, could anyone just zip and email me the binaries?
indeed, my project canĀ“t wait any more to have this log library running!

Thanks a lot , in advance
and please help!

Deniz

Deniz Cakirkaya.