Based on the feedback from the mailing lists, as release manager, I'm recalling log4cxx-0.10.0-rc2 from consideration and expect to prepare another release candidate in a few days. Additional feedback on the release candidate is still desired.

This is a quick list of items that should be resolved in the next RC:

Extra semi-colons on expansion of LOG4CXX_PTR_DEF causes compile error on Sun Studio 8 (fixed in SVN) Broken include directories for APR and APR-Util in Visual Studio projects (LOGCXX-247).
XCode project file assumes Mac OS/X 10.5.
Release should include configure and supporting files produced by autogen.sh.

I will review the new comments on LOGCXX-231. The most recent comments looked a new bug unrelated to the original and didn't have enough information to diagnose.

I'd like to consider adding an DllRegisterServer and DllUnregisterServer entry point for NTEventLogAppender to register the message resource for the Event Log viewer. Currently the resources are attempted to be added on a logging request if they keys are not present. However, that can be a privileged operation that should be done at install time which the user may have agreed to elevated privileges. Makes sense for a log4cxx.dll, but don't think it makes sense during a static library. Probably have static members in NTEventLogAppender for the registration and unregistration and have the standard entry points just delegate to those methods.