Hi,

the FileWatchDog daemon can't be interrupted, the InteruptedException is
ignored. I think, it might be better to accept an interruption - here stop
observing the File.

I want to use something like DOMConfiguration#configureAndWatch() in my
webapp. I can't use this, because this would cause many daemon-threads (of
FileWatchDog). Every restart of my webapp causes a new thread and i can't
interrupt this thread!

My solution is:

- an interruptable FileWatchDog
- a ServletContextListener
    - starts log4j in "contextInitialized"
    - shutdown log4j in "contextDestroyed" and interrupts FileWatchDog

What do you think about this?

Best regards
Daniel