Paul Smith skrev  den 06-08-2008 00:22:
Yes, thanks, although I _wish_ we could use this slightly different pattern instead (as I'm sure you probably agree):

throw new RuntimeException("Failure starting... ", e);

except it needs 1.4 source compatibility.  *sigh*.  bummer.

It is worse, it needs a 1.4 runtime :(

I solved this at work by writing a RootCauseException which behaves like RuntimeException with the extra argument, and then use that for these kind of things.
Might be the easiest solution here.

--
 Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen          "... plus... Tubular Bells!"