Thanks for the quick response!  I pulled down your custom build and it's
definitely fixed some things (notably the "please load a config file" intro
screen), but I'm still not getting it.

I pointed chainsaw at the config file you posted on SO but it didn't seem
to cause chainsaw to do anything (no recievers defined, zeroconf still did
nothing).  After that I tried opening the log file but it wouldn't open.
 When I switched the logging format back to XMLLayout chainsaw could
manually open it, but it still didn't tail.  Could the not tailing be
related to the XML format?  Is there a more tail-friendly format that will
open?

On an unrelated note, in the new version the horizontal resizing (of the
recievers pane and the pane on the other side) seems to be broken, it's not
really a problem, just a heads up.

--M@