Dancing angels and pin heads:

Yep, the patch I provided allows for <a-p-p-e-n-d-e-r-r-e-f
r-e-f="Console"/> but the point is that is allows <appender-ref
ref="Console>

But! the current code also allows <ApPeNdeRrEf ref="Console/>

How is that any better/worse, more/less confusing?

BTW, are attributes also case-insensitive? <ApPeNdeRrEf ReF="Console/>

Gary

--
E-Mail: garydgreg...@gmail.com | ggreg...@apache.org
Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com