What kind of docs do you have in mind?

The JMX API is documented in detail here:
http://logging.apache.org/log4j/2.x/log4j-core/apidocs/org/apache/logging/log4j/core/jmx/package-summary.html

In addition to API, the JMX section has pointers for connectivity, and of
course docs for the GUI.

To be honest, there is actually not that much that users can do via the JMX
interface, at least at the moment. The interesting stuff (looking at the
StatusLogger output, and reconfiguring log4j from a file or from an XML
string) is covered in the JMX GUI docs.