In any event, I'd like to thank the entire Log4J Developer community here
for hearing out my interface idea without biting my head off -- after all,
it's a "big" change near a GA release :-) It was also nice knowing there
exists a place where a serious technical debate can remain cordial. Kudos.
And I am glad the feature will enhance the product.

--
Cheers,
Paul